Has been developed from years of experience in the production of potting mixes for professionals who specialise in growing vegetables and herbs. This mix can be used for a broad range of plants including vegetables, herbs, salad greens and is perfect in large pots. It is ideal for constructing new or raised garden beds and adding organic matter to soils.
HOW TO USE
Debco Premium Vegetable & Herb Mix is ready to use straight from the bag with no further additives required.
• Fill a large clean pot or raised garden bed with the planting mix allowing room to add the new plants.
• Turn the plant out of its container. Loosen root ball gently and remove any rotten or entirely dried out roots.
• Position the plants and fill around with new planting mix. Do not pack down.
• Soak with water and protect plants from wind, heat and strong sunlight for around 5 days.
IN GROUND USE
Blend mix with your garden soil and dig a hole for planting potted or bare-rooted plants.
ONGOING PLANT CARE
•A quality 4 month balanced fertiliser was added at manufacture but additional fertiliser may be required in time, depending on plant needs.
• Plants should be watered immediately after planting and frequently enough to ensure the mix remains moist but not wet. Avoid allowing plants to dry out.
• Plants should be re-potted with new potting mix when they outgrow the pot or after 12-18 months.